Manager, Group Sales
Oilers Entertainment Group in Edmonton, AB, CAGroup Sales Sales Leadership
Reporting to the Director, Ticket Sales, the Manager, Group Sales will lead the day-to-day operations and coaching of the Group Sales Team to achieve sales targets. The Manager will execute and assist in developing the annual Group Sales strategic plan for both the Edmonton Oilers and Edmonton Oil Kings. The Manager will get the pleasure of developing and growing their individual team members on a daily basis to both increase their sales acumen, but also their ability to be future leaders at OEG.
Core Responsibilities and Duties:
- Manage day-to-day activities of the Group Sales Team, including providing direction for sales efforts, goal setting and motivation
- Lead a robust development program, including a regular cadence of training and practice sessions
- Campaign planning and execution in coordination with Marketing, Business Intelligence, Ticket Ops and Ticket Service
- Work with Account Executives on developing and advancing their individual sales pipelines
- Participate and contribute in Ticket Sales management meetings regarding all areas of the department
- Assist in building and maintaining the department culture as outlined in the Ticket Sales Department playbook
- Oversee game night execution of Group Sales events, experiences and activations
- Attend sales meetings with Account Executives
Education, Experience and Skills:
- Humility – The ability to work as a productive team member and strive to develop each day
- Desire – The willingness to go above and beyond for clients, teammates and yourself. The will to win.
- Self-Awareness – The ability to understand and appropriately react to the social dynamics of client meetings, internal interactions and peer-to-peer relations
- Possess a minimum two years of sports ticket sales experience (preferably in Group Sales)
- Possess strong communication skills, including listening, presenting and written skills
- Possess a desire to lead a team of Account Executives via hands-on coaching, continual development and personalized attention
- Possess a strong knowledge-base of Group Sales strategy
- Be willing to work weekends and evenings, including games and various events
- Basic computer skills, including Microsoft Office
- Must have access to a vehicle and a motor vehicle license for Alberta (or ability to obtain one prior to employment).
- Post-Secondary Degree or Diploma is an asset