Back in 2008, I signed up for LinkedIn as a tool to paste my resume and see if I could get seen for a job. We talk about evolving in this business; LinkedIn is one of the areas that if you haven’t evolved already, you are getting passed by the competition. Crazy to think but LinkedIn has been in existence for 19 years and is available in 25 different languages. Take a look at some of these other interesting stats from LinkedIn:
· LinkedIn has 810 million members in 200 countries
· 16.2% of user’s login every day
· 50 million companies on LinkedIn
· 4 out of 5 people on LinkedIn “drive business decisions”
If you are in a revenue generating role and are not utilizing LinkedIn on a consistent basis; you are missing out on a lot of opportunity to make a ton of money. I recently had the opportunity to host a webinar on theClubhouse® where I sat down with LinkedIn Athlete & Sports Creator Manager, Adriene Bueno. Be sure to check out the webinar at the link below:
Adriene provided a ton of great ideas and opportunities to engage within the LinkedIn network and utilize it as a business tool. From what your profile should look like, to what content drives the best responses, consistency, and ultimately how to utilize LinkedIn as a business tool.
As you look to continue to enhance your overall skillset; make sure LinkedIn is part of that daily routine. Who is going to become the next content creator?
· Employees are 14X more likely to share content from their employees than other types of content on LinkedIn.
· LinkedIn posts with images get 2x higher engagement.
· Brands get 7x more reactions and 24x more comments on LinkedIn Live streams than regular video.
Are you willing to do something different to be elite? Don’t be the one that wishes they would have done more in a year, Do It Now!
Take a look at some other LinkedIn resources below:
- Watch Rock Your Profile LinkedIn Learning Course for an online training on LinkedIn profile basics
- Review Posting Tools & Best Practices to get started with creating content on LinkedIn
- Check out Articles & Newsletters to create the perfect longer-form content to share your insights and establish your voice
- Follow and use #LinkedInSports hashtag to drive discoverability of your content, find content inspiration, and connect with others around sports topics